Are you looking for the best snowboard pants, but don’t know where to look? With so many options on the market, it may seem impossible to find the right fit for you.
For this reason, we have created a list of the 5 best snowboard pants and included a complete buying guide.
In a Hurry? Here Are Our Top 3 Picks:Invalid table id.
Reviews of the 5 Best Snowboard Pants
If you want to try out new snowboard pants, check out our list of the 5 best snowboard pants.
1. Wildhorn Bowman Snowboard Pants
If you are looking for the best snowboard pants, you will want to check out the Wildhorn Bowman Snowboard Pants. These pants offer you the most protection and will enhance your boarding game. Let’s see why this is our best overall pick.
The most notable feature of the Wildhorn Bowman Snowboard Pants is its extreme durability. These pants are designed to ensure protection in the most rough and extreme conditions. This feature ensues that these pants will withstand all weather and falls.
The Wildhorn Bowman Snowboard Pants are also insulated and ventilated. They are crafted with 100% zoned warmth insulated pants liner with integrated seam vents. These features ensure maximum comfortability whether you are warm or cold natured.
Another key feature of the Wildhorn Bowman Snowboard Pants is that it is crafted with movement in mind. They are ergonomically designed so your body moves with the groves and folds on the mountain, providing support to you and your boarding needs.
The Wildhorn Bowman Snowboard Pants come with adjustable leg openings as well. These adjustable leg openings are designed so that you can easily put on and take off your boots without snagging your pants. This feature will make gearing up more enjoyable and efficient.
The final key feature of the Wildhorn Bowman Snowboard Pants is its spacious pockets. These pants include 2 waterproof low slung front pockets and 2 side cargo pockets. These pockets will allow you to store your items safely on your body.
- Adjustable leg openings
- Large pockets
- Runs big
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07WDT5YQD” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
2. Arctix Snow Pants
The best runner up is the Arctix Snow Pants. These snowboard pants offer top-notch protection, warmth, and performance features. Let’s see why these pants are our best runner up snowboard pants!
The Arctix Snow Pants comes with a thermalock coating. This coating ensures protection from water and moisture. This waterproofing feature ensures that you can board and fall without fear of getting wet or cold.
Additionally, the Arctix Snow Pants comes with Thermatech insulation. This insulation is specifically designed so you stay warm without excess material. This feature ensures that you will be kept comfortable while boarding.
The Thermatech insulation also makes the Arctix Snow Pants lightweight. This insulation eliminates excess material, which makes the pants much more lightweight than other options. This feature makes these pants more comfortable and natural feeling while boarding.
Another reason the Arctix Snow Pants stand out is for their additional features. These pants come with internal boot gaiters that prevent snow from coming into your pant legs while boarding. This feature further ensures that you are kept warm and dry even while carving up the mountain.
The Arctix Snow Pants come with zipper hand warmer pockets as well. This feature is extremely unique and provides an option for further warmth. The warmers will enhance your performance by making sure your hands are warm enough to grip items.
- Thermalock coating
- Thermatech insulation
- Internal boot gaiters
- Zippered hand warmer pockets
- Runs big
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07Z52JK4V” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
3. Columbia Men’s Snow Gun Pant
Another option to check out is the Columbia Snow Gun Pant. These pants come with advanced technology that ensures the best boarding experience possible. Let’s look at these pants in more detail.
Most notably, the Columbia Snow Gun Pant comes with an omni-tech feature. This feature allows for top-notch waterproofing and breathability experiences. It allows for sweat moisture to exit the material while still protecting your body form the cold snow and moisture.
More so, the Columbia Snow Gun Pant are functionally waterproof. They are designed to withstand the most brutal of boarding environments, which means that you don’t have to worry about getting cold or wet during your adventures.
The Columbia Snow Gun Pant also comes with an omni-heat feature. This feature allows the pants to reflect excess heat and sweat, but it still maintains a natural amount of body warmth. It ensures that you will be comfortable while boarding.
In the case that you are boarding in extreme weather conditions, the Columbia Snow Gun Pant comes with professional level insulation. It is crafted with 60g of synthetic insulation, which guarantees you’ll be kept warm on even the coldest of days.
Another key feature of the Columbia Snow Gun Pant is that it is large cargo pockets. These pockets are designed to carry the needed accessories and items for a day boarding trip, which will allow you to travel light on your boarding adventures.
- Omni-tech feature
- Omni-heat feature
- Cargo pockets
- Runs big
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B00DYR5ENE” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
4. Burton Men’s Insulated Convert Snowboarding Pants
- DRYRIDE two-layer fabric [10,000mm/5,000g] is highly breathable, waterproof, and quick drying
- Fully-taped seams create the ultimate seal against foul weather
Another snowboard pants option to check out is the Burton Convert Snowboarding Pants. These pants offer great protection from water or temperature extremes. Let’s take a closer look at these pants.
The most notable feature of the Burton Convert Snowboarding Pants is its DRYRIDE two-layer fabric construction. These pants are crafted with two layers of material that work to both prevent water from penetrating the pants and allow release of sweat moisture, which ensures comfortability.
The inside layer of the Burton Convert Snowboarding Pants is a Living Lining interior. This interior lining helps to regulate your body temperature so you don’t overheat or over sweat. This feature ensures that you will be comfortable no matter how much you board.
To further provide ventilation, the Burton Convert Snowboarding Pants come with mesh lined interior. The mesh lining provides you the opportunity to ventilate the pants in the case that you are hot, but you can always close pant vents if cold.
Another key feature of the Burton Convert Snowboarding Pants is that they come with fully taped seams. This means that every seam is taped in order to prevent water from penetrating the pants through the seam holes.
Finally, the Burton Convert Snowboarding Pants come with zippered handwarmer pockets. These pockets are made with fleece that will warm your hands if needed. This feature provides an additional warming function for your comfort.
- DRYRIDE two-layer fabric
- Living Lining
- Mesh lined
- Fully taped seams
- Zippered handwarmer pockets
- Lacks cargo pockets
- Runs big
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07S2GYVDQ” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
5. Columbia Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant
- WATERPROOF SNOW PANTS: Lined with a comfortable taffeta, these pants are made from 100% Nylon Hydra...
- WARM INSULATION: Durable and warm, these snow pants are insulated with 60 grams of our Microtemp XF...
If you are looking for the best snowboard pants on a budget, you will want to look at the Columbia Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant. These pants come with top-notch qualities at a fraction of the cost. Let’s see why these pants made our list as the best budget pick!
The Columbia Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant comes with an omni-shield repellency. This means that these pants will repel water and prevent you from getting wet. This feature ensures that you will be kept warm and dry while boarding.
Another key feature of the Columbia Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant is that it is lightweight. It is lightly insulated, which makes these pants less bulky than other options. This fact will allow you to feel comfortable while wearing these pants.
To protect yourself from excess snow, the Columbia Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant comes with internal leg gaiters. These leg gaiters prevent snow from coming inside the pant legs while boarding or falling.
The Columbia Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant stands out because it has a reinforced cuff guard as well. This reinforced cuff guard protects the most easily damaged part of your pants from fraying, which ensures the longevity of your pants.
The last reason the Columbia Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant are featured on this list is for its adjustable closure. This adjustable closure allows you to adjust the pants to your perfect fit and board in complete comfort.
- Omni-shield repellency
- Internal leg gaiter
- Reinforced cuff guard
- Adjustable closure
- Best for warmer boarding environments
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B00E58TKNQ” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
Before buying snowboard pants, there are several factors to consider.
Types of Pants
One factor to consider when buying snowboard pants is the type of pant you desire. There are 3 main pant options:
- Insulated: Most snowboard pants are insulated. These pants are waterproof and made with insulated material, such as fleece, built into the construction. The insulated pants will provide you the most warmth. These pants are ideal for extremely cold environments.
- Insulated zones: Some snowboard pants only offer insulation in the most vulnerable areas of your lower body. These pants offer some insulation without providing too much warmth. These pants are ideal for moderate climates.
- Shells: Shell pants are made of waterproof and breathable material, but they do not have insulation. These pants are great for people who get hot easily or who board in warmer climates.
The most important factor when deciding on snowboard pants is their waterproof rating. When snowboarding, you may fall, causing your clothes to be covered in snow and ice. If your pants do not have a high waterproof rating, it is guaranteed that you will get wet and cold.
The waterproof rating tells you how long your pants can withstand water before the water seeps through the material. A material’s waterproof rating is determined by using a tube to place water on the material and measuring how much water it can withstand.
For snowboard pants, you will want a higher waterproof rating. To be deemed waterproof, the material must have a minimum of 1,500mm rating. You will probably want pants with a rating between 5,000mm and 10,000mm, but the rating can go as high as 20,000mm. Pants with a higher rating tend to be more expensive.
Another factor to consider when buying snowboard pants is the breathability rating. When snowboarding, you are sure to get hot and sweat despite the cold environment. You don’t want to get too hot while shredding!
The breathability rating tells you how many sweat molecules can escape the material without air and moisture getting inside the material. A fabric’s breathability rating is determined by testing how many grams of sweat can escape 1 square meter in a 24 hour period. This known as the Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR).
Lower-end materials have an MVTR rating between 2,000g and 3,000g. If you are prone to excessive warmth and sweating, you will want pants with a higher breathability rating. Some of the best pants have a breathability rating of 25,000g. Again, pants with a higher MVTR tend to be more expensive.
When buying snowboard pants, you will also want to make sure that they are made from durable materials. Since snowboarding causes a lot of wear and tear on your gear, you want to make sure that your pants will be able to withstand the falls.
You will want to make sure that your snowboard pants are made of durable material like woven nylon or polyester. These materials will withstand tough performances and extreme weather conditions.
Seams may seem like a small detail of your snowboard pants, but they are incredibly important to the waterproofing and insulating abilities. Seams, if not sealed properly, can allow water and air into your pants. There are 3 main types of seam tapings:
- Critically taped: Critically taped snowboard pants have taping around the most vulnerable parts of the pants. These pants are suitable for casual boarding or budget buys, but they will not offer enough protection in extreme conditions.
- Fully taped: Fully taped snowboard pants have taping around all the seams. This ensures that all seams are protected from water or air. If you board in more extreme conditions, you will want fully taped seams.
- Welded seams: Welded seams are when two materials are welded together through heat and pressure. This construction causes there to be no holes for water or air to penetrate. This fact makes welded seams the most protective.
There are additional features you may want to consider:
- Boot gaiters: Boot gaiters protect snow or ice from going up your pants. This feature is extremely helpful and most boarders prefer pants with boot gaiters.
- Articulated knees: Pants with articulated knees have a pre-shaped knee area that better allows for knee movement. This feature will enhance your performance.
- Scuff guards: Scuff guards protect the ankle-region material from fraying. This feature will ensure the longevity of your snowboard pants.
- Waist adjustments: Waist adjustments will ensure that your snowboard pants fit properly. The adjustment material can either be made of Velcro or elastic bands.
- Pockets: Pockets, especially with zippered closings, are very helpful features on snowboard pants. They will allow you to store small yet important items like ID, cash, or keys.
- Vents: Snowboard pants often come with side or inner leg zip vents. These vents allow you to control and adjust ventilation while boarding, making your experience more comfortable.
Here are some frequently asked questions about snowboard backpacks.
How do I find my right size?
First, you will want to decide on what pant style you want. This fact will determine a lot.
Once you know your desired stile, there are a few measurements you will need to take:
- Waist measurement: To measure your waist, make sure that you are measuring the smallest portion of your waist. On most people, the smallest portion of the waist is above or at the belly button. This measurement ensures that your pants stay up properly.
- Hip measurement: You measure your hip by measuring the fullest part of your bottom. If you underestimate your hip measurement, you may have difficulty pulling up your pants.
- Inseam measurement: To measure your inseam, measure from your crotch to the floor. This measurement tells you the length of your leg. The inseam of pants is normally described as Short, Regular, and Long. You want to make sure the length of your pants is accurate so they don’t hinder your boarding performance.
Can I wear regular snow pants while snowboarding?
No. Regular pants will not protect your body from the cold, snow, and ice when snowboarding.
Snowboarding pants are designed to withstand cold, snow, and falls. They are created to keep you warm and dry and support your snowboarding performance. If you do not wear the proper pants, you will get cold and not enjoy your experience. You may even get injured if you are not careful.
I’m still cold. What do I do?
If you are still cold, you probably did not get pants with proper insulation. If that is the case, do not worry. You do not have to buy a new set of pants right away. Instead, there are some things you can do to make you warmer while boarding.
- Layer up: If you are cold in your snowboard pants, you can add a couple more layers under the pants or jacket. You may want to invest in insulated or thermal pants. These thermal pants will provide additional insulation under your snowboard pants.
- Moisture-wicking leggings: One reason you may feel cold is because you are sweating, which causes the pants to absorb moisture from the inside and the insulation to work ineffectively. If this is the case, you will want to invest in moisture-wicking underclothes. These clothes will wick away any moisture caused from sweat, preventing it from affecting your snowboard pants.
- Reapply waterproof coating: If you have had your pants for a while and are finding them less waterproof than before, you can try to re-waterproof them. First, try throwing your pants in the dryer to reactive the coating. If that doesn’t work, invest in a sprayable coating. Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Buying snowboard pants can be difficult. There are so many options on the market that you may not know where to start. Luckily for you, we have created this list of the 5 best snowboard pants and a complete buying guide to help you with the process.
We selected the Wildhorn Bowman Insulated Snowboard and Ski Pants as our best overall pick. These pants are extremely protective and mobile. We then selected the Arctix Insulated Snow Pants as our best runner up because it is effective and lightweight. As for our best budget pick, we selected the APESNOIC Ski Boot Bag because of its effectiveness, durability, and longevity.
If you are still unsure what snowboard pants to get, that’s okay. Just remember that while researching snowboard pants, you will want to consider the pant type, waterproof rating, breathability rating, durability, and seams. Paying attention to these features will ensure that you get a great pair of snowboard pants!