Are you looking for the best snowboard gloves, but can’t get your hands on the best pair? Between the fit, shape, and insulation type, finding the right snowboard gloves can be a difficult task.
For this reason, we have created a list of the 5 best snowboard gloves and included a complete buying guide for your convenience.
In a Hurry? Here Are Our Top 3 Picks:Invalid table id.
Reviews of the 5 Best Snowboard Gloves
Let’s check out our list of the 5 best snowboard gloves.
1. Sun Will Heated Gloves
- 【Superior Heating Elements】Battery Heated gloves,Upgraded Far infrared fiber heating elements...
- 【7.4v 2200mah Li-ion Batteries&Touch Sensor】Those Heated Gloves with touch screen functionality...
If you are looking for the best snowboard gloves on the market, you will want to check out the Sun Will Heated Gloves. These gloves have optimal durability and thermal performance that are sure to keep your hands warm. Let’s see why these gloves are our best overall pick.
One notable feature of the Sun Will Heated Gloves is their durability. They are made from synthetic material that both protects your hands when you fall and provides superior insulation. This feature ensures that your gloves will withstand all your boarding adventures.
Another key feature of the Sun Will Heated Gloves is their waterproof design. Because of the polyester outside and goatskin palm, the gloves are completely waterproof. This feature will keep your hands dry and warm no matter how many times you fall!
The Sun Will Heated Gloves come with a battery operated heating functionality as well. This feature has 3 heat settings and can provide heat for up to 7 hours once fully charged. The battery-operated heating functionality will keep even the coldest-of-natures warm.
The Sun Will Heated Gloves stands out for its fingertip touch sensors too. The fingertip sensors allow you to touch your smartphone device without removing your gloves. This ensures that your hands will be kept comfortably warm even while texting!
The last reason the Sun Will Heated Gloves stands out is for its two-year warranty. You can return these gloves for up to two years after the purchase date if you are not fully satisfied with your product. This feature ensures that you get the most bang for your buck!
- Battery operated heating system
- Touch sensor
- Two years warranty
- Run small
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07HBT2LRX” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
2. VELAZZIO Snowboard Gloves
- 🏂 [WARM & LIGHT] - VELAZZIO ski gloves are padded with powerful 3M Thinsulate insulation, which...
- 🏂 [WATERPROOF & BREATHABLE] - Breathable membrane keeps your hands dry and allows sweat out,...
Our best runner up is the VELAZZIO Snowboard Gloves. These gloves refuse to hinder your boarding experience and offer additional features. Let’s check out our best runner up!
The first reason the VELAZZIO Snowboard Gloves stands out is for their guaranteed waterproof protection. These gloves have a Fan-Tex membrane technology that keeps water out of your gloves. This feature ensures that your hands will be kept dry.
The VELAZZIO Snowboard Gloves will also keep your hands warm. They are padded with 3M Thinsulate insulation, which provides nearly twice as much insulation as other insulating materials. This feature ensures that your hands will be kept warm even in the coldest of environments.
Another key feature of the VELAZZIO Snowboard Gloves is that they are light and breathable. The Thinsulate insulation is extremely lightweight and breathable, preventing your hands from overheating or hindering your boarding abilities.
The VELAZZIO Snowboard Gloves come with several luxury items too. Small pockets are located on the gloves, for instance, which provides space for small items like keys, ID, or cash. This feature will provide you safe storage for small, but important items that you don’t want to store elsewhere.
Some other additional items of the VELAZZIO Snowboard Gloves include PU palms and adjustable-buckle wrist straps. These features promote maximum grips and prevent excess moisture and air from entering the gloves.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Zipper pocket
- Additional features
- Can be irritating on dry skin
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07GWNC63J” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
3. HIGHCAMP Winter Ski Snow Mittens
The next option on our list is the HIGHCAMP Winter Ski Snow Mittens. These mittens are specifically designed for activity, which ensures that these gloves will perform even during the most gnarly of tricks. Let’s look at these gloves more closely.
The most notable feature of the HIGHCAMP Winter Ski Snow Mittens is that they are designed for active performance. With an adjustable buckle wrist and drawstring design, these mittens will firmly stay on your hands even during your most active days.
The HIGHCAMP Winter Ski Snow Mittens also stand out for their water resistance. The exterior of these mittens is made of a windproof shell and a PU leather palm. This feature ensures that your hands will be kept warm even after a series of falls.
In addition to the waterproof capabilities, the HIGHCAMP Winter Ski Snow Mittens are extremely warm. These gloves are constructed out of 4 layers, each offering a different insulation property. This feature ensures that your hands will be kept warm all day long.
Another key feature of the HIGHCAMP Winter Ski Snow Mittens is their wearproof palm. The PU leather palm is designed to help you grip items without fear of slippage, ensuring that you can hold a number of items while boarding.
The last reason the HIGHCAMP Winter Ski Snow Mittens stand out is for their flexible material. These mittens are specifically designed so they can move with your hand. This feature ensures that your gloves won’t hinder your hand movement.
- Designed for activity
- Wearproof palm
- Flexible material
- Run small
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B082PHDPT9″ associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
4. WindRider Rugged Waterproof Mittens
- NO MORE SNOW UP YOUR SLEEVE - Extra long gauntlets with tensioners ensure that no snow will get up...
- DRY HANDS NO MATTER WHAT - These mittens are full waterproof, so you can go ahead and stick them in...
The next pair of snowboard gloves on our list is the WindRider Rugged Mittens. These mittens are constructed for warmth and complete waterproof protection, and they even come with some luxury features. Let’s look at these mittens in more depth.
The most notable feature of the WindRider Rugged Mittens is that they are fully waterproof. These mittens are so water resistant that you can put them in a lake without the interior getting wet. This feature ensures that your hands will be kept dry.
The full waterproofing is due to the WindRider Rugged Mittens‘ rugged construction. These gloves are built with 5 layers, each layer offering a different a different insulating or protection feature. This construction ensures that your hands will stay warm and dry the entire day on the slopes.
To further ensure protection from water, the WindRider Rugged Mittens are built with long gauntlets. These gauntlets with tensioners go further up your arm, ensuring that no snow or moisture gets into your sleeves or mittens.
The last key feature of the WindRider Rugged Mittens is their pockets. On the back of each mitten is a zippered pocket. These pockets provide storage for small but important items such as keys, ID, or extra cash.
- Full waterproof
- Rugged construction
- Long gauntlets
- Less insulation than other gloves/mittens
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07KYTN1QQ” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
5. AKASO Ski Gloves
If you are looking for the best pair of snowboard gloves on a budget, you will want to check out the AKASO Ski Gloves. These gloves offer professional level protection and dexterity for an affordable price. Check out our best budget pick!
The AKASO Ski Gloves stand out for their waterproofing abilities and warmth. These gloves are crafted with 3M Thinsulate insulation and DWR finish. These features ensure that your snowboard gloves are both warm and waterproof.
Another key feature of the AKASO Ski Gloves is their breathability. These gloves are made with Fan-Tex technology, which allows for sweat and excess moisture to escape the gloves. This feature ensures that your hands are kept comfortable while wearing these gloves.
The AKASO Ski Gloves are comfortable as well. The Thinsulate insulation is very light, which makes wearing the gloves very comfortable. This feature ensures that your hands won’t get weighed down by these gloves!
Additionally, the AKASO Ski Gloves come with PU palms. These palms will help you grip items even in the ice and snow. This feature will allow you to handle items confidently without taking off your gloves.
The creative design of the AKASO Ski Gloves is another key feature of this budget pick. These gloves are crafted with elastic wrist cord and an adjustable drawstring closure. This unique design ensures that water and cold air are kept out of your gloves.
- Waterproof and warm
- PU palms
- Creative design
- Can be irritating on dry skin
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07MGYSCSM” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
Before buying snowboard gloves, there are several factors to consider.
The most important factor to consider when buying snowboard gloves is the fit on your hands. The only way to ensure that your hands are kept maximally warm is if the gloves fit your hands properly. Gloves that are too big will allow air and water to enter and gloves that are too small will be uncomfortable and not cover your entire hand.
Properly fitting gloves will have about .25 inch of material at the end of your fingers. When you make a fist, your gloves should not feel too tight around your hand. To ensure that your gloves fit properly, you should try them on before purchase or consult the manufacturer’s sizing chart.
Snowboard gloves can come in shapes and styles.
- Gloves: Snowboard gloves have a spot for every individual finger. These gloves provide better dexterity and are ideal if you handle gear a lot, but they are not as warm as mittens.
- Mittens: Snowboard mittens are normally warmer than gloves, but they are less dexterous. If you are not planning to use much gear, the mittens should not be a problem.
- Lobster: Lobster styles are a blend between gloves and mittens. Your thumb and pointer finger will have their own spot, but the rest of the fingers will be placed in a bigger, mitten-styled section together. This model is more warm than normal gloves and more dexterous than normal mittens.
Snowboard glove shells are typically made of one of two materials:
- Synthetics: Most snowboard gloves are made of a synthetic nylon body. These gloves use breathable and waterproof material to ensure a comfortable and dry experience. Synthetic gloves are the more affordable option.
- Leather: Leather gloves are typically made from cowhide or goatskin. They are normally more durable and flexible than synthetic gloves, but they are notably more expensive. They also require more upkeep.
Another important factor to consider is the glove’s water resistance. If you fall, your body and hands will get wet from the snow. To protect your fingers, you will want your gloves to be waterproof. It is not recommended to wear non-waterproof gloves while snowboarding because you can injure your fingers.
A common way to waterproof winter sport gloves is with Gore-Tex technology. This technology has a high level of waterproofing abilities. Many manufacturers have their own form of waterproofing technology.
When wearing your snowboard gloves, make sure that they fit snuggly around your wrist to ensure snow does not get inside them. If snow gets in, the inside of your gloves will get wet, and your hands will be cold.
You will also want to consider the type of insulation that your gloves offer. There are two main types:
- Down: This type of insulation is light and breathable but loses its ability to insulate when wet, making it ideal for cold and dry climates. Down insulations are typically more expensive, but they last longer and can be a great investment.
- Synthetic: This type of insulation is less expensive and insulates effectively and quickly, but it is bulky. It maintains insulation when wet, making this insulation ideal for wet environments.
There are several additional features you may want to consider when buying snowboard gloves:
- Touch-screen compatibility: This feature will allow you to touch your mobile device without taking your gloves off. This feature may be ideal if you plan on videoing yourself on your phone or responding to messages. These gloves tend to be lighter and smaller in size.
- Heated: Heated gloves are operated with battery heating systems. These systems will ensure that your hands are comfortably warm even in the coldest of temperatures. These gloves will be more expensive and require batteries.
- Zippered pockets: Some snowboard gloves come with zippered pockets for either disposable hand warmers or ventilation. These gloves will be cheaper than heated gloves.
- Thumb wipes: This feature includes a soft material on the tip of the thumb. This material is designed so you can wipe your nose if it starts running.
- Others: leather palms, long gauntlet cuffs, wrist cinches, and wrist cords
Here are some frequently asked questions about snowboard gloves.
Why do I need snowboard gloves?
You need snowboard gloves to protect your hands while boarding in cold environments. Since boarding involves snow and ice, you want to make sure that your digits are protected. If you do not wear gloves, you risk getting frostbite.
Even if you are not boarding in extremely cold environments, you will want to wear snowboard gloves. If you fall, your hands will go into the snow. Repeated falls without gloves can injure your hands and fingers.
How do I choose a snowboard glove size?
Finding the right fit for your gloves is very important. If your gloves are too small, your hands will be uncomfortable. If your gloves are too big, you will have trouble warming your gloves and your hands will get cold as a result.
To get the best fit, you will need to measure your hands. First, measure the widest part of your hand. This is around the knuckle region. Then, measure from the bottom of your palm to the top of your middle finger. With those measurements, check manufacturer’s sizing guides.
Should I get a thinker or thinner glove?
The thickness of your glove depends on your activity level and the temperature of where you’re boarding.
If you are an intense boarder, you will probably want a thinner glove. The thinner glove will keep your hand warm, but it will not be too hot or cause your hands to sweat. If you are a beginner boarder, you may want thicker gloves to account for your slow movement or falls.
Temperature also affects how thick your gloves should be. If you are boarding in warmer environments, you will want a thinner glove. If you are boarding in extreme weather, on the other hand, you will want a thicker glove with more insulation.
My hands are still cold. What do I do?
It is completely normal if your hands are still cold even while wearing a good set of gloves. There are several things you can do to improve the warmth of your hands:
- Nitrile gloves: These gloves are thin liners that are to be worn under snowboard gloves. They prevent moisture from your hand from getting onto your gloves. This increases the warmth of your gloves because the inside stays insulated and dry even though your hands may be clammy.
- Hand warmers: Hand warmers are a great option if your hands remain cold. You can keep them in your jacket or pant pockets while you’re boarding and use them on your hands when you’re taking a break. Hand warmers are an affordable option and great for children.
- Electric gloves: If you are a frequent boarder with unbearably cold hands, you may want to invest in electric gloves. These gloves will be more expensive than the other two options, but they are the most efficient.
How do I clean my snowboard gloves?
After wearing your gloves, they are destined to get dirty from falling or your hand sweat. You will need to wash them to ensure their hygiene and longevity. Here are cleaning steps:
- Select a gentle detergent that is safe for water resistant items and pour into washing machine. Do not use regular detergent.
- Place gloves in a mesh bag and put the bag in the machine.
- Wash on a warm, gentle cycle.
- After washing, squeeze excess water out of the fingers and gloves. Do not wring.
- To dry, hang dry the gloves.
Buying the correct snowboard gloves is an important, yet difficult task. There are many options on the market, and you need the best to protect your hands from the weather. To help with the process, we have created this list of the 5 best snowboard gloves and complete buying guide.
We selected the Sun Will Battery Heated Gloves as the best overall pick. These gloves have a battery-operated heating functionality that is guaranteed to keep your digits warm. For our best runner up, we selected the VELAZZIO Snowboard Gloves. These gloves are durable and include several luxury features that will up your boarding game. We selected the AKASO Ski Gloves as our best budget pick, which offers top-notch protection at an affordable price.
If you still want to look for snowboard gloves on your own, there are a few key features to consider. Make sure to check out the fit, shape, shell material, insulation, and waterproofing qualities. These features will ensure that you get a top snowboard glove.