Are you looking for the best portable garage, but finding the task unmovably hard? Between the longevity of materials, assembly preferences, and additional accessories, finding the right portable garage can be a difficult task for even the most experienced people.
For this reason, we have created a list of the 5 best portable garages and included a complete buying guide to assist you in your search.
In a Hurry? Here Are Our Top 3 Picks:Invalid table id.
Reviews of the 5 Best Portable Garages
If you are interested in purchasing a portable garage, check out our list of the 5 best portable garages on the market.
1. ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box
- 1-5/8 in. / 3, 1 cm all-steel frame, Bonded with THERMOSET premium powder-coated finish prevents...
- Advanced engineered triple-layer rip stop polyethylene cover is waterproof, UV-treated inside and...
If you want the best portable garage that money has to offer, you need to check out the ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box. This portable garage is by far the sturdiest and most efficient of the models. See why it is our best overall pick!
The most important feature of the ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box is its unparalleled security and protection. It is constructed with a THERMOSET premium finish that prevents chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion. This finish ensures the longevity of your portable garage.
The ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box is also waterproof and UV resistant. It is crafted out of a triple-layer cover that is treated inside and out against water and the sun’s harmful rays. This prevents fading, aging, and fungal growth.
ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box’s unparalleled protection can also be seen in its design. This model is constructed out of a patented alpine design that has bolt-together hardware at every frame joint. This feature makes this model both sturdy and easy to construct.
The sturdiness of the ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box is ensured further with its reinforced door and roof. This reinforcement comes with the model’s alpine design. This feature protects both the garage and items stored within it from damage.
Another key feature of the ShelterLock Garage-in-a-Box is its patented SHERLOCK stabilizers. These stabilizers ensure that your portable garage stays in place, which lengthens the lifespan of your portable garage.
- Reinforced frame
- Waterproof and UV resistant
- Patented alpine frame
- Reinforced door and roof
- Patented SHELTERLOCK stabilizers
- Does not come with an anchoring kit
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B003AQNKDU” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
2. Abba Patio Portable Garage
- [Sturdy Heavy Weight Frame] ► This Heavy Duty Steel Carport frame was designed to weigh more than...
- [Durable Extra Thick UV Treated Canopy] ► The fabric is a heavy duty durable polyethylene that is...
The runner up for best portable garage is the Abba Patio Portable Garage. This model offers superior quality and even includes additional accessories. Let’s look at our best runner up!
The most important feature of the Abba Patio Portable Garage is its durability. It comes with a heavy-duty coated frame. The frame is coated in a powder that protects the frame from chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion. This ensures the stability and longevity of your portable garage.
The Abba Patio Portable Garage is also made of durable fabric. This model is crafted from a fabric that is waterproof and UV resistant. This allows the portable garage to last many years and protects your items from any damage.
Another key feature of the Abba Patio Portable Garage is that it includes 2 removable doors. Having 2 doors is a plus for a portable garage because it makes removing your items easier. You won’t have to remove all your items to get to one small item in the back!
The Abba Patio Portable Garage also stands out because it is easy to install. The garage comes with a kit for installation and removal. It is fully collapsible, meaning that it can be removed and stored with ease!
Additionally, the Abba Patio Portable Garage includes free accessories. This model comes with bungee cords and footpads. These items make securing and stabilizing your portable garage a little easier and save you money!
- Heavy-duty coated frame
- Durable fabric
- 2 removable doors
- Easy to install
- Additional accessories
- Advised to be removed during extreme weather conditions
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B00SUW91KA” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
3. Abba Patio Portable Garage for Motorcycle Garden Storage
- Sturdy Heavy Weight Frame - The heavy duty storage shelter frame was designed with 1.5 inch heavy...
- Durable Triple Layer UV Treated Canopy - The triple layer 240 PE fabric is a heavy duty durable...
If you are looking for a smaller portable garage option, you will want to check out the Garden Storage Abba Portable Garage. This model is extremely durable and can fit almost everywhere. Let’s check it out!
The Garden Storage Abba Portable Garage stands out because of its top-notch durability. It comes with a durable frame that is coated with powder. This powder protects the frame from chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion. This ensures a long lifespan for this model.
Along with the durable frame, this model’s fabric is durable as well. It is a polyethylene fabric that is water and UV resistant. These features protect your portable garage from things like fading and molding, and it protects your items from water damage too.
Another key feature of the Garden Storage Abba Portable Garage is its detachable door. You can take off and put back on the model’s door whenever you like. Having a detachable door makes the model more versatile and easier for item retrieval.
The Garden Storage Abba Portable Garage stands out for its versatility overall, as well. It is small enough to fit anywhere and can be used for several reasons. It is the perfect size for motorcycle storage or hanging with friends!
Finally, the Garden Storage Abba Portable Garage has easy installation too. It is fully collapsible, making it easy for removal and transport. The instructions and all other items needed for assembly are included with the portable garage.
- Durable frame
- Durable fabric
- Detachable door
- Easy to set up
- Advised to be removed during extreme weather conditions
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B075LLZRSP” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
4. ShelterLogic Instant Garage
- DURABLE FRAME: Made from an all-steel metal 10 x 15 x 8-feet frame that is 1-3/8 inches thick,...
- MADE TO LAST: Bonded with a premium powder-coated finish that prevents chipping, peeling, rust, and...
If you want a simple and reliable portable garage, the ShelterLogic Instant Garage may be for you. It is extremely sturdy, and the pack is not weighed down with unnecessary items. Let’s look more closely at this model.
The most important aspect of any mobile garage is its ability to last. The ShelterLogic Instant Garage is specifically made with longevity in mind. It is bonded with a coating that protects the frame form chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion, which lengthens the lifespan of your portable garage.
The ShelterLogic Instant Garage is also constructed with a durable frame. The frame is made from all steel-metal to ensure the longevity and security for your portable garage.
Additionally, the fabric of the ShelterLogic Instant Garage is durable. It is crafted out of a triple-layer ripstop. This ripstop makes the cover waterproof and UV resistant and ensures that your portable garage and items are protected from both water and sun damage.
To further protect the ShelterLogic Instant Garage from water damage, the model comes with a ratchet-tite cover system. This system keeps the cover tight and neat looking. This tight cover protects the garage from water damage and pooling.
Another key feature of the ShelterLogic Instant Garage is its stability. Being constructed with patented SHELTERLOCK stabilizers, your portable garage is guaranteed to stay put and not move about even in adverse weather conditions.
- Made to last
- Durable frame
- Waterproof coverage
- Patented SHELTERLOCK stabilizers
- Ratchet-tite cover system
- Does not come with an anchoring kit
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B003AQLCI0″ associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
5. Quictent Heavy Duty Carport Canopy Garage
- ✅【WARRANTY】1. Lifetime WARRANTY Replacement for Connectors, Pegs, Ropes, Elastic ropes, etc....
- ✅【Removable Sidewall】2 removable sidewalls with clear pane style window, and each window has...
The last item on our list is the best budget pick. The Quictent Canopy Garage is extremely affordable but still high quality. You will not sacrifice durability when purchasing this affordable portable garage. Let’s take a better look at our budget pick portable garage!
The most important feature of this model is its sturdiness and durability. This model includes a heavy-duty frame that is coated for protection. It is protected from chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion, which ensures the longevity of your garage.
The Quictent Canopy Garage comes with heavy-duty fabric too. It is constructed out of a reinforced polyethylene roof and wall that is waterproof and UV resistant. This feature protects the garage from water and sun damage.
To further protect your portable garage, the Quictent Canopy Garage is shipped in reinforced packaging. This packaging protects the poles and fabric from any damage created during shipping.
Another reason that the Quictent Canopy Garage is our Budget Pick is for its versatility. This model is crafted with a removable wall, making it a great option for both storage and outside party shade. It comes with windows that can be covered or uncovered, allowing you to have natural lighting or work in private!
To ensure you’re getting your money’s worth, the Quictent Canopy Garage comes with several warranties, as well. It comes with a lifetime free replacement for connectors, pegs, and rope and a 1-year free warrant for covers and poles. These ample warranties ensure you are getting the most bang for your buck!
On top of the warranties, this portable garage is already extremely affordable. It only costs half of what the other portable garages cost!
- Heavy-duty frame
- Waterproof fabric
- Reinforced packaging
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B005RT6UGM” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”] Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
Before buying a portable garage, there are several factors to consider.
Portable garages are normally constructed from two materials.
- Fabric: Portable garages are covered by heavy-duty fabric. Usually, these fabrics are made of polyethylene or sturdy canvas. These materials are strong enough to resist most weather conditions and cost less than permanent materials like cement.
- Steel: The frames of portable garages are made of steel. These frames provide the structure of your portable garage. The wider the bar, the studier the frame.
Determining the Ideal Size
There are many sizes of portable garages. You determine the size based on your intended use. Here are some factors to consider when determining your ideal size:
- What you plan on storing: Before buying a portable garage, you will need to approximate how much room you will need. This will determine what dimensions to look for.
- How much space you will need to walk in your garage: You will need to factor walking or working space into your garage. If you plan on adding a workbench, make sure to add those dimensions to your total dimensions required. If you want to use your portable garage for automobile storage, factor in door swing so you can get in and out of your automobile easily.
- How much space you will need to move items in and out of your garage: If you are planning to use your portable garage for storage, make sure to factor in room for moving or retrieving items. If everything is too closely packed, it’ll be difficult to move and retrieve items.
Construction and Assembly
Construction and assembly are two factors to consider when buying a portable garage. Some models require more work than others. For even the easiest of models to set up, it is recommended to have at least one other person there to assist you.
If you are not comfortable constructing or assembling a portable garage on your own, look for models that are easier to assemble. You may also want to consider hiring an installer to help you set it up.
Before buying a portable garage, you need to determine its intended location. The reason for this is that location might limit the size of your portable garage.
Another reason you must consider the location first is that it costs money to deliver portable garages. The cost of delivery will need to be a factor in your budget.
Portable garages rarely include accessories, but there are some items you may want to consider buying if they’re not included with your portable garage purchase.
One accessory that is highly recommended is an anchoring kit. Anchoring kits do not usually come with portable garages, but most portable garage owners view anchoring kits as a must. These kits will ensure that your garage is secure and safe. Auger-style anchors are the most popular. If you get one additional item, make it this one.
Another common accessory is sidewall and enclosure kits. These kits will allow you to add walls or doors to your portable garage and transform the inside of your portable garage. These items are great if you want to work inside your portable garage.
If you are planning to use your portable garage as a workspace or to store livestock, you will need to consider buying fans or a heater. Portable garages do not typically include insulation, so you or your livestock can get either very hot or cold in the portable garage. A cooling and heating system will ensure comfortability.
Here are some frequently asked questions about portable garages.
What is a portable garage?
A portable garage is a temporary outdoor structure where you can store cars, lawnmowers, bulk items, etc. They are typically made of a steel frame and a fabric cover and come in many different sizes and styles.
Why would I buy a portable garage?
There are several reasons you would want a portable garage.
- Protects valuables: A portable garage is a great investment for storage and protection. They protect your items from weather conditions such as rain, snow, hail, and sunlight.
- Convenient: Portable garages are convenient storage options. All you have to do is set them up, and they’re good to go! With the many styling and sizing options, you can fit them anywhere and on any surface.
- More economical: Portable garages are ideal for budget-friendly storage. They are made of lighter materials and require no excavation, meaning that portable garages are more economical than permanent storage structures.
- Multipurpose: Portable garages are great for multipurpose storage. You can store vehicles, gear, and bulk items in these garages.
How much do portable garages normally cost?
The cost of portable garages depends on the size and materials used. Portable garages can range anywhere from $4,500 to $13,000. This is extremely affordable in comparison to permanent garages, which can cost upwards of $27,000!
How long will a portable garage last?
Heavy-duty portable garages can last anywhere from 10-20 years. Factors such as the quality of the materials, weather conditions, and maintenance affect the longevity of your portable garage.
To ensure a long lifespan of your portable garage, make sure to get materials that are waterproof and UV resistant. These will ensure that your garage does not get unnecessary damage. Also, be sure to place your portable garage on level ground that does not pool easily and add ventilation as needed.
Can I assemble a portable garage alone?
Portable garages are difficult to assemble alone because of their size. It is recommended to have 5-6 people assist in assembly.
What can I store in my portable garage?
Portable garages can be used for just about anything. They are great for automobile or item storage. Portable garages can also be used as a workspace or outdoor canopy! Some people even use them to house livestock. You really can do whatever you want with them.
Can portable garages be disassembled and reassembled as needed?
Yes. Most portable garages can be disassembled and reassembled as needed. Be sure to store the portable garage to prevent any damage.
How do I maintain my portable garage?
There are several things you can do to maintain your portable garage.
- Assembly: Make sure you assemble your portable garage correctly. The garage needs to be erected on a flat, level surface with adequate drainage. You also need to make sure to use strong bolts and anchor the structure well enough for it to resist heavy weather.
- Cleaning: Be sure to care and clean your portable garage properly. To prevent mildew or mold, remove snow from the base and place the portable garage in a place that does not pool during rain. To clean your garage, use mild soap and water. Do not use bleach or other harsh ingredients.
- Ventilation: To prevent moisture or condensation, consider purchasing a vent kit. This will protect both your portable garage and valuables within.
- Replacement Covers: Portable garages are made of sturdy, weather-resistant fabric, but it is always a good idea to invest in a replacement cover. This will prevent you from having to buy a completely new portable garage.
Many people find buying a portable garage difficult and confusing. There are many features to look at and factors to consider. Luckily, we have created this list of the 5 best portable garages and buyer’s guide to help you with the process.
Our best overall pick is the ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box. This model is extremely durable and will protect your items from most weather conditions. The best runner up is the Abba Patio Portable Garage, which is durable and includes 2 removable doors. This model is great for storage and even includes free accessories. Our budget pick is the Quictent Heavy Duty Carport Canopy Garage. You will get the most bang for your buck with this model because of its durability and versatility!
If you are still searching for your best portable garage, remember to look out for some key features. You will want to consider materials, sizing, assembly, and accessories when looking for other portable garages. These factors will ensure that you get the model that is perfect for you and your needs.