When it comes to fishing, you can head out on a large fishing boat, in a kayak, or on one of the best fishing paddle boards. While any of these flotation devices would be a fine choice for your next fishing trip, a paddle board is a fun and unique way to go.
If you have never used one of these cool pieces boards, you may not know what you’re looking for. The good news is, you’re in the right place. We’ve put together a great list with a variety of styles, as well as a comprehensive buying guide to tell you everything you need to know before buying a paddle board.
In a Hurry? Here Are Our Top 3 PicksInvalid table id.
Reviews of the 5 Best Fishing Paddle Boards
Let’s take a closer look at 5 of the best fishing paddle boards on the market!
1. GILI All Around Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- ULTIMATE ALL AROUND PADDLE BOARD: 10'6 x 31" x 6” - the perfect blend of balance, weight & size....
- EXTREMELY DURABLE, STABLE, AND PORTABLE: Constructed from Cross Stitched, Reinforced PVC so you...
If you’re in the market for a new paddle board, the GILI All Around Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board would be an excellent choice. This durable board was constructed from reinforced PVC, so you know it is super sturdy and built to last. As our top pick, there are several more reasons to give this board a shot.
Whether you’re a beginner or your skills are more advanced, this SUP would be a great investment. This is the ultimate set up, with everything you need to head out on the water.
Included in the kit:
- GILI 10’6 Air SUP
- GILI Travel Paddle
- GILI Inflatable Backpack
- GILI 2-Stage Hand Pump
- GILI 10’ Coiled Leash
- GILI Snap-In Center Fin
When you’re ready to use your board, you simply use the 2-stage hand pump to inflate it. This SUP inflates in less than 8 minutes, meaning you’re just a short time away from hitting the water. Just pull it out of the bag, fill it up, and head out with your board and paddle.
One of the best details about this board is that it has a large diamond traction pad. This is perfect for doing SUP Yoga or for taking your kids or favorite furry friend out on the water with you. Because of the added traction, you don’t have to worry that you or your loved ones are going to slip and fall off of the board. If you do fall, however, this kit does come with a 10’ coiled leash so you don’t have to worry that you’ll get separated from your board.
When you are finished with your board for the day, simply deflate it and fold it up. Once it is in the included backpack, it’ll fit in the trunk of your car or your backseat and you’ll be able to keep it on hand so you’re never stuck without your board.
The size of this board is nice and large, at 10’6”. Constructed from tough PVC, this board is resistant to denting and dings. When fully inflated, it is super rigid and sturdy at 15 PSI. If you’ve been searching for a large and strong lightweight board that you can use for fishing, floating, and paddling around, this board would be a great choice!
- Inflates in less than 8 minutes
- Paddle breaks down into 3 pieces for easy storage
- Holds up to 280lbs
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B084VPLYDN” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
2. Thurso Surf Waterwalker
- The THURSO SURF Waterwalker 132 is our largest all-around inflatable paddle board. Its integration...
- THURSO SURF inflatable SUP boast the strongest iSUP structure available on the market. All our...
Are you looking for a new board and can’t decide if you should go with a touring board or an all-around board? Why not go with the best of both worlds – The Thurso Surf Waterwalker. This board was designed to give you great tracking and stability, making it a great choice for all skill levels, whether you’re a beginner, intermediate, or advanced paddler. As the runner up, there are several things that you are going to love about this SUP.
Whether you’re fishing or just looking to have a relaxing day out on the water, a sturdy, inflatable stand up paddle board is a fantastic item to have. This sturdy board from Thurso would be a great choice for a new piece of recreational equipment. This is one of the strongest boards on the market, with DOUBLE LAYER construction and TRIPLE/QUAD Military Grade PVC coatings on the sides and the deck. The seams on the bottom and the deck have two extra side wraps for even more reinforcement. This board is as durable as a hardboard with the lightweight convenience of an inflatable.
Not only is the board in this kit extremely high-quality, the paddle is super strong, too! The paddle has a carbon shaft and the blade is made from a tough nylon composite featuring a center rib for added strength. The paddle breaks down into 3 pieces to make storage easier. You can even adjust the length based on your needs.
If you are used to boards with just one fin, this will be a change for you. The Thurso Surf Waterwalker has 3 fins on the board that are removable, allowing you to customize how many fins you use at a time. If you use just the center fin, you’ll have the lowest drag with the best tracking. You can use 1 fin, 2 fins, or all 3 depending on the water you’ll be in and how you want your board to perform.
- As strong as a hard board
- Paddle is made from carbon and nylon
- Paddle breaks down for easy storage
- Lower-quality roller bag
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07L51BY4J” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
3. SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- WIDE SUP DESIGN – The Serene Life stand up paddling board is 10’ long and provides 32” of deck...
- SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY – The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, handling...
If you want a nice wide SUP, the SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board would be an excellent choice for your paddling endeavors. With a wide deck and triple fin design, this board is super stable and will keep you standing up when you’re out on the water. Let’s take a closer look at this awesome stand up paddle board!
When it comes to paddle boarding, especially if you are a beginner, one of the most important things to look for is stability. Luckily for you, this is one of the most stable boards around. Unless the water is very choppy, you should have no problem keeping yourself upright and out of the water. The width of this board combined with the non-slip soft top deck is great because you are less likely to injure yourself since you are unlikely to slip and fall.
This board is inflatable, which is fantastic for a couple of reasons. First, inflatable boards are way lighter than a hard board. This is beneficial because you won’t have to carry something so bulky and heavy with you if you’re hiking to wherever you’ll be paddling. The next perk of an inflatable board is that they can be deflated and stored in your car so you always have a board with you. If you’ve ever been out and about and gotten a text from a friend asking if you want to go out on your boards and you had to go all the way home to get your SUP, you know how inconvenient that is. If you go with an inflatable, you’re always ready for fun. Just meet up with your friends, pull your board out of the storage bag, fill it with air using the included air pump, and hit the water. After a day of fun, heading home to unwind will be so satisfying.
FInally, the SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board has everything you need in the kit. Here is everything you can expect to see upon unboxing:
- Coiled ankle cuff
- Oar pedal
- Manual air pump
- Patch repair kit
- Storage bag
You’re just a few minutes away from a fun day on the water by yourself or with some friends.
- Lightweight inflatable board
- Non-slip top deck
- Board has a 30” wide deck
- Aluminum paddle is heavy
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B0728DF739″ associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
4. Peak Expedition Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- BUILT FOR EXPLORATION: Designed for the paddle board warrior, the inflatable SUP board features a...
- 35% LIGHTER CONSTRUCTION: Weighs only 19.5 lbs when inflated and the extra wide stance ensures a...
Have you been on the lookout for a new SUP but haven’t been able to find one that seems like the right fit for you? Check out the Peak Expedition Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board! This board comes in two different sizes, 10.5 feet and 11 feet long. Both sizes are nice and wide, giving you a sturdy SUP for your next fishing trip. There are several great perks that come along with using this awesome board.
This kit is a great choice for anyone with any skill level. The first thing you will notice when you get your new paddle board is that this kit comes with everything you need to have a day of fun, just add water. Here’s everything that’s included in the box:
- Paddle board
- Coil leash
- Waterproof phone case
- Carry backpack
One of the best things about this board is how durable it is! The tough military grade PVC material is puncture resistant, meaning you don’t have to worry about it getting beat up and popped if you come across some hidden rocks or other sharp hazards. It even has a front and rear bungee cord to keep your gear securely attached.
Finally, this board is massive! You can choose between the 10.5 foot or the 11 foot style. Both are large enough to accommodate you plus a cooler, extra person, or dog. This would be a great choice if you want to spend a day on the water with your family.
- Comes with everything you need plus a bonus waterproof phone pouch
- Has multiple handles so you can get back on it easily
- Big enough for you plus another person, dog, or a cooler
- Pump doesn’t register until have reached 7-9psi
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07MQXVZMK” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
5. Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- ENJOY AN EASY & ECONOMIC WATER SPORT: This up-and-coming outdoor activity is loved by first-time...
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS: Measuring in at 9' X 30" X 6, " the wide base provides stability and...
If you are new to the world of paddle boarding and you want a more affordable option for your first board, the Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board would be an excellent choice for you! While this board is more affordable than a lot of others on the market, don’t let the lower price fool you! This board is a high-quality piece of equipment, perfect for a newbie whether that person is an adult or a child. As our budget pick, this board combines affordability with performance and quality to give you a great SUP to learn with.
The first thing about this board is that it comes with everything you need to be able to head out to learn how to paddle. Included in the box you’ll get:
- Bungee cord tie-downs
- Adjustable aluminum paddle
- Hand pump
- Travel bag
- Surf leash
- 3 steering fins
- Repair kit
When it comes to learning how to do something new, it takes time to build your skills and your confidence. This board makes it easy to become a confident paddler. It has a cushioned and non-slip traction pad on the top deck which is designed to boost your grip and balance.
Finally, this inflatable paddle board comes with a hand pump so you can get it filled up quickly. When you’re finished paddling for the day, simply let the air out, fold it up, and stow it away in the convenient travel bag before you head home for a restful night’s sleep.
- Hydro-Force paddle board is made with Drop Stitch and TriTech materials
- Holds people up to 220lbs
- Complete kit
- Pump doesn’t reach 11 PSI
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B075723DWS” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
Choosing the best fishing paddle board is easy when you consider the following points.
Inflatable vs. Solid
When shopping for a new paddle board, the first thing you should decide is whether you want a solid board or an inflatable one. There are benefits to both styles and which is right for you all boils down to personal preference.
- Great for Performance – Moves more quickly and efficiently
- Size Availability – Solid boards come in a much larger range of sizes
- Stability – Because solid boards are more rigid, they tend to be more stable
- Limited Storage Space – When you’re done using your board, you simply deflate it, fold it up, and store it in a convenient bag which is ideal for people that can’t store a solid board
- Travel – If you travel a lot either by car or plane, an inflatable board can go with you no matter where you go
- Hiking – If you are hiking to a lake, river, or other body of water, an inflatable board is good because they’re lightweight and often have a backpack style carrying bag
- Yoga – Inflatable SUPs are great for doing yoga since they are softer and more comfortable for doing various yoga poses
Each SUP has a maximum weight capacity. Checking this is important so you know if you’ll be able to safely and efficiently use the board. When looking into the weight of the board, be sure to think about your weight as well as the weight of any gear, water, and food that will be joining you on your journey.
There are three length categories when it comes to paddle boards. Each style has specific uses.
- Short – Under 10 ft. – Short boards are made for kids and surfing; easier to maneuver than longer boards, making them good for waves and for kids to use
- Medium – 10 to 12 ft. – Ideal for SUP yoga and all-around use; most have planing hulls but some have displacement hulls
- Long – 12.5 to 14 ft. – Used for long-distance touring and fast paddling; moves more quickly and straighter than shorter boards
Picking the right width depends on a few things.
Type of Paddling
If you plan on using your board for fishing, yoga, or plan on taking extra gear with you, a wider board would be a good idea. If you plan on moving quickly or surfing, a narrower board would be good since they allow swift movements.
In general, it’s a good idea to match your board to your body type. If you are a larger person, it will be easier for you to balance on a wider board. If you are a small person, you will probably have an easier time paddling on a narrower board.
If you are more comfortable with paddling and know how to balance, you may be more comfortable with a narrow board. If you are a beginner, you would probably be more comfortable with a wide board since they are easier to balance on.
Here are some frequently asked questions about fishing paddle boards.
What are the benefits of using a stand-up paddle board?
Using a stand up paddle board for fishing rather than using a kayak or other small boat is ideal for three main reasons:
- More Comfortable: Since you are standing and in a more natural athletic stance, you will have much less back pain than if you were sitting to paddle.
- Better View: Standing up gives you a great vantage point. Because you are up higher, you will be able to see further and you can see the fish before they have a chance to see you.
- Different Positions: With a boat, you usually are stuck sitting. With a paddle board, you paddle standing up but once you are to your destination, you can sit down and enjoy the view or continue standing if you choose to.
Do fishing paddle boards come with paddles?
This varies from board to board. Most of the time when you are shopping for an inflatable paddle board, you will find full kits that include everything that is needed to get started, including the board, a pump, a storage bag, and a paddle. Many paddles can collapse or be taken apart so they are much easier for you to store them with your deflated paddle board.
If you’re new to paddle boarding, finding a new board doesn’t have to be a hard process. There are a ton of options on the market so we put together a list for you to help make it easier to pick a great board. No matter which you choose, each model is high quality and made from durable materials.
Our top pick is the GILI All Around Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board. This complete kit comes with everything you need to have a fun day on the water. If that one doesn’t seem like the right choice, check out the Thurso Surf Waterwalker. This board is the runner up because it is the perfect choice if you want to spend a day paddle boarding with your kids or your dog. If both of those are out of your price range, check out our budget pick. This board combines affordability with quality, making it a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable paddle board.
The next step is up to you! If you’re looking for a new board, try out one of the best fishing paddle boards on the market!