Whether you’re new to snorkeling or you’re a seasoned pro, having the best diving mask can make a big difference in your overall diving experience.
There are two distinct styles available, the full face mask and the traditional style that only covers your eyes and nose. If choosing the right one for you feels like an intimidating task, have no fear.
We’ve done a lot of the research for you and put together a fantastic list with a little bit of everything so you are sure to find the best diving mask for you.
In a Hurry? Here Are Our Top 3 PicksInvalid table id.
Reviews of the 5 Best Diving Masks
Whether you’re looking for a full face mask or a traditional SCUBA and snorkeling mask, we’ve got a bit of everything for you to choose from.
1. Vaincre 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask
- Panoramic Full Face Snorkel Mask for Kids – Offering superior views over a standard diving mask,...
- Deep, Easy to use – Taking in undersea sights is made easier with a unique full-face design that...
From kids to adults, this panoramic full face snorkel mask is a fantastic choice for all of your snorkeling needs. This anti-fog 180° diving mask will allow you to take in undersea sights as well as allowing you to dive in the pool and swim around underwater without swimming blindly.
As our top pick, the Vaincre 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask is a wonderful choice for a variety of reasons.
The first thing that we’re going to talk about is how great you’ll be able to see underwater. The crystal-clear, anti-fog interior lenses utilize streamlined airflow to prevent the warmth and humidity from your breath from obscuring your vision.
If you’re looking to try out surface diving without dealing with a fogged up mask, this would be a great choice for your next vacation.
Another great thing about the Vaincre 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask is that it is simple enough to use that kids and beginners alike can use it with ease.
If your kids want a snorkel they can use when swimming around in the pool in your backyard or at the local pool, they’d love this mask. When you combine the anti-fog technology with a long snorkel and several fun color choices, what kid wouldn’t want to try this mask out?
The final perk we’re going to talk about is the movable GoPro mount on the top of the mask.
Whether you’re taking your family on vacation to Florida, the Bahamas, or another tropical location, they’ll be able to record their adventures to share with the family and their friends after you get home from your trip.
- Anti-fog technology keeps view clear
- Panoramic lense allows a clear, unobstructed view
- Has a GoPro mount
- Hard to find the right size without trying on first
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07VCKJ8WR” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
2. DIVELUX Snorkel Mask
- 180° PANORAMIC VIEWING. A new full face design lets you see absolutely everything around you when...
- BREATH NATURALLY UNDER WATER. The specially made full face snorkel mask lets you breathe with your...
When it comes to shopping around for the best snorkeling mask, it’s hard to decide on the right one. Luckily, the DIVELUX Snorkel Mask is here to take care of all of your surface diving needs!
Whether you’ve been snorkeling for a while or you’re new to the world of diving, this full face snorkel mask would be a fantastic option for your next diving adventure.
Before you know it, you’ll be ready to head home for a good night’s sleep after a fun day of snorkeling with the family. As our runner up, there are several things you’re going to enjoy about this mask.
The first perk we’re going to discuss is how easy it will be for you to breathe underwater. One of the biggest benefits that comes along with using a full face diving mask is that they allow you to breathe more naturally.
You’ll be able to breathe with both your nose and mouth, which cuts down on the learning curve that often comes with learning to snorkel. You won’t have to retrain yourself on your breathing patterns since you don’t have to change anything.
Another great thing about the DIVELUX Snorkel Mask is that it gives you a full 180° panoramic view, allowing you to have a clear look at everything in your viewing range.
This is great because you don’t have to worry about your vision being skewed because the thick plastic from your goggles is in the way. If you’re out in the ocean, being able to see as much as possible is important so you can stay safe.
Finally, the anti-fog technology allows you to see without the inside of your mask getting steamy.
If you’re cautious about buying a new pair of goggles because you’re used to them fogging up, then the DIVELUX Snorkel Mask would be a fantastic choice for you, your kids, and the rest of your family. Your next vacation is going to be a blast!
- Anti-fog interior allows you to see without the lense getting steamed up
- Sizes available to fit kids and adults
- Longer snorkel pipe allows deeper swimming
- Needs larger sizing options
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B01MF4J3J7″ associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
3. WACOOL Snorkeling Package Set for Adults
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: This snorkeling set for adults and teens comes with fully adjustable head straps...
- ANTI-FOG COATED TEMPERED GLASS: Enjoy maximum under-water visibility. Advanced lens shape design and...
Do you want a reliable traditional diving mask package that will allow you to go on longer and deeper dives, the WACOOL Snorkeling Package Set for Adults would be a great choice!
This one size fits all set comes with a traditional diving mask and it has a matching snorkel to go with it. If you’re into all in one kits, then you’ll definitely want to check this out.
The first benefit to using this kit is that it comes with both the mask and the snorkel, allowing you to head out on a dive right away.
The tempered glass of the mask has an anti-fog coating, which helps to prevent the inconvenient and dangerous fogging that can happen when wearing a snorkeling mask.
The snorkel has an advanced anti-splash system which protects you from water entering the snorkel. It has a purge valve that lets you easily clear and drain water from the snorkel.
Are you tired of buying budget snorkels and masks that just don’t seem to last? That is not a concern with the WACOOL Snorkeling Package Set for Adults!
Everything that is in the kit is made from professional-grade materials. The skirt of the mask and the mouthpiece of the snorkel are made from high-quality silicone and are made to be both comfortable and long-lasting.
The final thing we’re going to cover is the sizing of the mask. This easily adjusted mask can be worn by teens and adults with no problem. It’s a one size fits all diving mask that can be worn by anyone.
- One size fits all so you don’t have to worry that you have the right size
- Fully dry snorkel has a purge valve and splash guard
- Soft silicone mouthpiece and mask skirt
- Mask may leak if it isn’t the right fit
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B06ZZB2FMS” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
4. AQUA A DIVE SPORTS Scuba Snorkeling Dive Mask
- 【180°degree extra-large visual field】 Better vision, side vision, other masks can not provide...
- 【Safety reinforced anti-fog lens】 The lens is strengthened with polycarbonate to increase the...
Are you in the market for a traditional diving mask that is both lightweight and that can be used with your favorite snorkel? The AQUA A DIVE SPORTS Scuba Snorkeling Dive Mask is a fantastic choice for anyone that’s been searching for an affordable fog-proof dive mask that isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg.
As our budget pick, there are a ton of great things you’re going to love about this mask, from the affordability to the crystal clear imagery that it provides.
The first thing that you’re going to love about is how great of a value the AQUA A DIVE SPORTS Scuba Snorkeling Dive Mask is how simple it is.
This is a traditional SCUBA and snorkelling mask that you can use with your own snorkel. This mask doesn’t have any extra bells and whistles so you don’t have to be concerned that you won’t be able to figure out how to use it.
One of the biggest benefits of using this mask is that it has a nice, soft silicone skirt which provides comfort as well as giving a great seal to keep water out of your mask.
It even comes with a free storage box, keeping the lense of the mask safe from scratches and other damage. When you’re finished with a day of diving and ready to call it a night, set your mask in the storage box and head to bed for a good night’s sleep.
- One size fits all
- Has a soft silicone skirt to keep water out
- Easily adjustable
- May be large if you have a narrow face
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07BKPX729″ associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-windoCons: w=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
5. MOSFiATA Snorkel Mask
- ☼【180 Degrees View Full Face Design】🏊Full face snorkel mask and ultra-wide shockproof view...
- ☼【Comfortable Wearing】🏊Inner medical silicone material provides you a soft and tight fit to...
When it comes to diving, you definitely want as little of your view obstructed as possible. The good news is, with the MOSFiATA Snorkel Mask you’ll be able to enjoy a full 180° panoramic view whether you’re splashing around in the pool or diving in the ocean.
If you’re new to snorkeling, a full face mask would be a fantastic choice for you to use while you’re learning the ins and outs of shallow water diving.
Are you interested in being able to see underwater but don’t plan on going too deep? Then a full face diving mask would be a great way to scratch that itch without you needing to go into deeper waters.
You’ll be able to see the beauty of the Ocean from a safe depth, which is perfect for people that have Ocean-related fears they’re trying to work through.
Another great feature that comes with using this mask is that it has a built-in snorkel. This design is great for anyone that wants to be able to do some light snorkeling without needing to keep track of multiple pieces.
The breathing tube has a ball in it that prevents water from entering the tube. With so many great perks, this would be a fantastic choice for use at home or on your next vacation.
- Built in snorkel utilizes a floating ball to keep water out of the breathing tube
- Has a GoPro mount to record your adventures
- Anti-fog design keeps your vision clear
- For use in calm water
[amalinkspro type=”cta-btn-css” ctabtn-id=”0″ asin=”B07PV68DLB” associate-id=”getactiveoutside-20″ addtocart=”false” new-window=”true” nofollow=”true” alignment=”align-center”]Check Price and Reviews on Amazon[/amalinkspro]
When it comes to finding the best diving mask, there are some things you should think about before purchasing one.
The most important thing to think about, whether you’re buying a diving mask for yourself or for your kids, is that it is going to be a safe option for you. Many people won’t go with a full face mask because they’re worried that they’re unsafe.
Really as long as you use it properly and according to recommendations, a full face snorkeling mask is both a safe and fun way to enjoy the water.
The truth is, anytime you’re using a tool that will allow you to breathe while under water there is a bit of risk that goes along with the device.
The risk associated with using a full face snorkel and mask combo is that there can be a build-up of cO2 in the mask which can lead to dizziness that can result in the person using the mask to become lightheaded, pass out, and in extreme circumstances, can lead to death.
While there is a small risk of cO2 entering your system, as long as you use the mask according to the manufacturers recommendations.
Full Face vs. Traditional Style
Choosing between a full face mask and a traditional style SCUBA and snorkeling mask is pretty easy. First, think about where you will be using the mask.
If you’re only planning on using the mask in a pool or other shallow bodies of water such as a pond or small lake, then a full face mask would be fine. If you’re planning on diving in deeper waters, 10+ feet deep, then you’ll want a traditional style mask.
Another thing that you should consider is how vigorously you’ll be swimming.
If you’re going to be swimming calmly or taking your mask off frequently, a full face mask would be acceptable since there won’t be a build up of cO2. If you’re going to be swimming quickly or diving into deeper waters, you will definitely want a traditional mask.
No matter how you dive, there are a couple of different options that will allow you to have the best diving experience possible. If you are a fast swimmer, like to go into deeper water, and look at swimming as a way to get your exercise in, then a traditional mask would be a great choice.
If you like to take things slowly, want to peek under the water but don’t necessarily care about going down very deep, and you don’t use snorkeling as your cardio workout for the day, a full face mask would fit your needs pretty well.
Here are some frequently asked questions about diving masks.
What are some advantages and disadvantages of using a full face snorkeling mask?
Despite all of the safety concerns you may have heard about, a full face snorkeling mask can be a fun tool to have, especially if you know how to use it. There are several pros and cons that come along with using one of these great masks.
- Natural Breathing: The first benefit is that you’ll be able to breathe in a more natural manner. You can inhale through your nose or your mouth, whichever feels more comfortable and natural for you. Since you don’t have to practice specific breathing methods, you also get to bypass the learning curve that is usually associated with learning how to snorkel.
- Water Barrier: Next, your mask will have a flexible silicone skirt around the edge that works with your face and the pressure of the water to provide a seal on the mask. Traditional masks can lose their seal when you smile and sometimes they don’t work well with a mustache but if you go with a full face mask, neither a smile nor a mustache will be a problem.
- Anti-Fog System: One of the best things that you’ll be able to enjoy is that there is a dual vent system that allows the air to circulate properly, eliminating the issue of fogging.
- Superior Visibility: Because of the panoramic 180° view, you’ll be able to see everything that is in your line of vision. The curved surface combined with the seal of the mask being behind your vision line will give you an unobstructed view.
- Can’t Freedive: Because a full face mask doesn’t give you access to your nose, you can’t pop your ears to equalize the pressure when you’re down deeper.
- Bulkiness: A full face mask is larger and takes up more space than a traditional mask. This is usually only a problem when it comes time to store and pack your mask.
- Easily Scratched: Because the lenses are typically made from plastic, they are much easier to scratch. Be careful with packing and storage and you should be able to avoid any damage to the lenses.
Why do some people think a full face mask is unsafe?
There are definitely some risks that come with using a full face mask, but I wouldn’t say they are unsafe as a whole. As with most things, if you are using them with care and according to the instructions and recommendations from the manufacturer, the risk of injury is minimal.
The risk of injury that comes with using a full face mask is that the build-up of Co2 can throw off the level of oxygen going to the brain. When there is too much Co2 and not enough oxygen, it is easy to drown.
The reason this risk is so minimal is that in most situations you won’t run into high Co2 levels because the circulation system on full face masks utilizes a separate tube that keeps oxygen and Co2 separate, making the chances of inhaling anything other than oxygen extremely low.
That’s A Wrap!
Overall, finding the best diving masks boils down to finding one that has the features you’re looking for. Whether you’re a serious diver and want a traditional snorkeling mask or you want a full-face option for the pool in your backyard or light snorkeling on your next family vacation, we’ve got a little bit of everything so you can find one to meet your needs.
Our top pick is the Vaincre 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask, which is a fantastic mask if you’re in the market for something really cool. It has a GoPro camera mount so you can record your adventures.
If that one doesn’t seem like the right one for you, check out the Divelux Snorkel Mask. This is another full face mask that allows you to get a great panoramic view of everything that is nearby.
If a full face mask isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our budget pick. The Aqua A Dive Sports Snorkeling Dive Mask is a super affordable traditional SCUBA and snorkeling mask with an anti-fog lense.
No matter which option you go with, any one would be a great choice for your snorkeling needs. Try out your favorite one today!